Sometimes I have dreams that will ruin my morning, dreams about things like my ex, or about REALLY AWESOME ADVENTURE TIME VIDEO GAMES THAT INCORPORATE MINECRAFT AND DON’T EXIST IN REAL LIFE, AND WHY DON’T THEY???
So, I had some shower thoughts about this, and it’s really baffling as to why a really deep, smart, amazing video game doesn’t exist for Adventure Time yet. I mean, this shit writes itself (the name is Adventure Time, c’mon guys):
- Your home base is the treehouse. Obviously.
- The initial level or main town/center-of-the-map/whatever is the Candy Kingdom, or maybe just PB’s castle. She probably is the person who sends you on missions or whatever, per the show.
- The land of Ooo is infinite, as are the possibilities for worlds and levels in the game. Ice Kingdom. Fire Kingdom. Creepy hell-style levels like The Nightosophere. Castle Lemongrab.
- What’s that? You want fun bonus levels or mini games? Guess what? AN ADORABLE COMPUTER WITH VIDEOGAMES IS A CHARACTER ON THE SHOW.
- The Time Room. The Citadel. Lumpy Space. Breakfast Kingdom. Party God. SERIOUSLY, WHY DO I EVEN NEED TO WRITE THIS ALL OUT FOR YOU, SHIT IS OBVIOUSLY THE BEST IDEA EVER.
The risk, of course, is that someone makes an Adventure Time video game, and it sucks or is otherwise disappointing. Ideally, such a game would be accessible, innovative, challenging, and creative, just like the show itself (these qualities do not seem to apply to the one AT game I did find, Explore the Dungeon Because I Don’t Know!). I suppose that’s the risk with expanding or adapting anything that you love.
Still - I’m pretty sure I’d like to live in a world with a badass playable Adventure Time PC game where I can travel to the Nightosphere.